The Township of Wellington North Economic Development Office can provide assistance with a wide range of items and business needs including Market Research, Access to Resources, Advocacy and Site Selection services. We invite you to explore the many development opportunities that exist within our Township.
The mandate of the Economic Development Office is to promote economic growth through the development of the business base in order to enhance and create new sustainable opportunities that include the following priorities:
- Land Development
- Business Retention & Expansion
- Downtown Revitalization
- Rural Revitalization (including Wind Energy)
- Marketing & Promotion (including Tourism)
- Professional Medical Recruitment
- Workforce Development Recruitment and Attraction
In 2012, the Township worked very closely with Wellington County and all seven lower-tier municipalities to create a county-wide Economic Development Strategic Plan. This strategic plan was approved by Wellington County Council on November 29, 2012 and identified four Strategic Objectives:
- Support programs that contribute to the sustainability and competitive position of Wellington County.
- Build awareness of Wellington County’s economic development goals.
- To foster an environment and culture conducive to entrepreneurial activity and growth.
- Promote a collective understanding of the role resource and infrastructure investments play in ongoing community prosperity.