Environmental Approvals

Environmental Approvals

Learn when and how to submit an alteration application for watermain, stormwater or wastewater collection infrastructure. Sometimes all three applications are required to meet reconstruction, site alteration or development requirements. 

    When to submit an application

    Most watermain alteration projects can be approved by the Township, under the authority of the Township's Drinking Water Works Permit (DWWP), including new developments. Only alterations that are pre-authorized in the Township's DWWP can be approved by the Township.

    Most alterations to wastewater and stormwater infrastructure will meet preauthorized design criteria that fall under the Consolidated Linear Infrastructure Environmental Compliance Approval (CLI ECA) process and will be reviewed and approved by the Township.

    Non-standard or complex infrastructure changes to any of the three systems may still require Ontario's Ministry of Environment, Conservation, and Parks (MECP) approval. The applicant must do their due diligence to ensure applications are prepared and submitted as required.

        Application Packages