The Township of Wellington North is committed to conducting business in an open, transparent and accountable manner, and have embedded these principles within our various policies, practices and procedures. We make every effort to provide you and the community with as much information as possible. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact the appropriate department or the Clerk’s office, or call 519-848-3620 ext 4227.
Section 270 of the Municipal Act provides that municipalities must develop and maintain various policies regarding the accountability and transparency of municipal government and its operations. The following have been adopted by Council and are regularly reviewed to ensure compliance:
- Accountability and Transparency Policy (PDF)
- Closed Meeting Investigation Policy (PDF)
- Council Local Board Advisory Committee Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Council staff relations policy (PDF)
- Delegation of Authority By-law (PDF)
- Provision of Notice Policy (PDF)
- Purchasing and Procurement Policy (PDF)
- Routine and Active Disclosure of Information Policy (PDF)
- Sale and Disposition of Land Policy (PDF)
A Procedural By-law (PDF) was adopted by Council to establish the rules of order for Council and Committee meetings. The rules ensure a fair and consistent approach with respect to the consideration of municipal business. The Procedural Bylaw also establishes standards in relation to notice provisions, agendas and minutes, resolutions and voting, Council-Committee structure and membership appointments.
The following Boards and Committees have their own Procedural By-laws under which they operate:
For more information
For more information about accountability and transparency measures, contact the Clerk’s Department, or call 519.848.3620 Ext. 4227