FINANCE & TAX INFORMATION
The Finance Department is responsible for:
- Preparation of the annual budget
- Financial reporting
- Treasury and cash management
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Payroll Preparation
- Collection of property taxes
- Municipal Performance Measurement Program
About Your Tax Bill
The Township of Wellington North is responsible for billing and collecting property taxes for the Township and on behalf of the County of Wellington and the local school boards.
The amounts collected on behalf of the school boards are based on the tax rates supplied annually by the Ministry of Finance and the annual assessment roll from MPAC.
Payment may be made:
- by mail
- in person or through the mail slot at the Municipal Office in Kenilworth
- at most financial institutions (MICR encoding on tax bills)
- via telephone banking (set-up with most major financial institutions)
- via personal computer banking
Acceptable methods of payment are:
- cheque (post-dated cheques are accepted)
- Interac Debit Card (at the office in Kenilworth)
- Pre-authorized payment plans – monthly or installment
For additional information on your property assessment, please access the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation website or call 1-866-296-6722.
The Wellington North Municipal Office has forms available to use to appeal your assessment or to apply for a Request for Reconsideration.